Monday, June 30, 2008

I don't even know you Angelina

I haven't seen Wanted, but I bet the experience is akin to eating cookies when you're in a bad mood. You know cookies are empty carbs, but they're so good you eat 18 of them and get a terrible stomachache and then you ask yourself why you've sunken to such depravity. And I do this a lot, so I understand why people would watch Wanted. It's flashy — and it feels good! At least for a while.

But all the recent press about Angelina's pillowy lips, dewy skin and how much she "conveys just standing there" (Dude, it's just sex. That's what it's called.) made me realize that I've actually never seen an Angelina movie... I know.  

But after reviewing a list of her more popular films, I see that my accidental decision is one I can stand by:
Lara Croft Tombraider: I wasn't a 15 year old boy when this came out so that's probably why I didn't see this. Although the fact that Angelina races against both time AND villains to recover powerful ancient artifacts reminds me of National Treasure, which for some reason I did see. 
Hackers: Woah, imdb.com tells me that Jesse Bradford (of Bring It On and Swimfan fame) is in this. Therefore it is now at the top of the list of Angelina movies I might rent one day when there are no Olsen twin movies available at Blockbuster. 
Gone in 60 Seconds: She plays a hot chick in this right? Juuust guessing.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should watch Girl Interrupted...she must have been good in that one.

Ingrid said...

I highly approve of Tomb Raider, or at least one of them (don't ask me which), because it features the back half of a nude, shower-slicked male love interest.

I would also recommend Hackers, but not for Jesse Bradford. Let's just say he did a lot of growing up between then and Bring It On. Aka, not even jailbait appeal. Aka, think pudgy, awkward, and nerdy.

Oh, and that car movie wasn't bad either. I guess it must be the teenage boy in me, but something about sex and hot cars just appeals to me.

Narwhal said...

hackers is quality. stars the epic Matthew Lillard, who all should know from classics like Summer Catch (or any movie where he plays FPJ's kooky sidekick) and (in all seriousness) the righteous SLC PUNK