Friday, August 1, 2008

A Letter to Fancy Celebrity Types

Kirsten Dunst slumming it at an MGMT concert in Brooklyn.


Dear Celebrities,

I know the economy is rough on all of us right now, but must you bogart the things that rightfully belong to me, a member of the unwashed masses? Are fame, fortune and hardly ever looking sweaty not enough for you? 

The world is clearly divided in two.

Things you get:
1. paying a lot of money for really nice things
2. VIP sections
3. having someone brush your hair for you in the morning

Things I get:
1. free concerts
2. taking furniture people dispose of on the sidewalk and putting it in my apartment
3. eating peanut butter out of the jar

I would prefer it if you could in the future please pay closer attention to these guidelines. You don't see me doing things like paying for cabs or looking good in a bikini. Because I respect your lifestyle. I hope that next time I wait in line for a concert for three hours on a sidewalk and get jostled by people in fake Raybans, then give up and go home after my friend buys some shampoo, that I don't find out the next day that Kirsten Dunst was there. Wearing Raybans. 

Talk to you soon,
Nikki

No comments: